Compare your building insurance

Compare 40 of the UK’s leading building insurance providers to help you find a great deal.

Building insurance tailored to your home, within one simple form, compare and start saving £££’s today!.

Happy customers that trust us

Find Cheap Building Insurance Quotes Online!

Top home insurers
Compare some of the UK’s top building insurance providers to help you get great deals.

Quick quotes
You will get a range of quotes within minutes, providing you with a simple solution to comparing home insurance.

The right cover for you
No matter your circumstances, your location or size of the house, you could compare and start saving £££’s today.

Quotes from the top building insurance providers

Frequent Questions

A few things you’d like to clear up first? Maybe you’re not sure why it’s worth comparing your building insurance, how long it will take or what cover you need?

Well, then you’re in luck. We’ve written the following answers to questions frequently thought but rarely asked, about finding great deals on your home insurance.

This should not be constructed as advice and is guidance only.

What is buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance should cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it is damaged because of an event it’s been insured for, such as fire, flood or storm damage. Many policies will include cover for damage caused by burst pipes, leaks or electrical fires, as well as cover for outside structures, such as fences, garages and sheds (but there may be limitations placed on this).

Do I need buildings insurance?

If you’re a homeowner with a mortgage, your lender will usually insist that you have adequate buildings cover for the term of your mortgage – that is, while the mortgage company has an interest in the property. You’ll typically be required to have buildings insurance in place on the date you exchange contracts, as this is when you become legally responsible for the property.

If you don’t have a mortgage, there’s no legal requirement to have buildings insurance, but do remember that repairs to your home can be very expensive. Taking out a buildings insurance policy could save you money in the long run and might give you peace of mind, too.

If you share a freehold, then make sure you mention this to your insurance provider. Buildings cover for shared freeholds can be slightly different to insurance for individual properties.

If you’re renting a property, then it is your landlord’s responsibility to have sufficient buildings insurance in place – the only thing you need to worry about as a tenant is your own contents insurance.

Do I need any documents to get a buildings insurance quote?

No, all you will need to know is the basic information about your building. Such as the type of property for example detached, semi-detached or bungalow you live in.

Along with this information, you’ll need to know how many rooms the property has and how much it’s worth. You will also need to know how much it might cost if you had to rebuild your home.

How do I calculate the rebuild cost of my home?

The rebuild value is the amount it would cost to rebuild your home at the same location should it be completely destroyed beyond repair by flood, fire or any other disaster this cost is not the same as the market value. It’s usually lower than the market value. If you do underestimate the rebuild value and your home is completely destroyed, then your insurance may not provide cover for the full costs.